Reduce the stress when the pressure is on with Sage 50 Payroll. You can be rest assured you're always legislatively compliant and in complete control of your payroll processes, with all of the information and tools you need right at your fingertips.
To down load brochure click here
Easy to get up-and-running
- Straightforward installation.
- Easy set-up wizard to get you started.
- Simple to use – no need to be, or hire a payroll expert.
- "Show me how" videos to guide you through common tasks.
- Connect with Microsoft Office by importing your existing data from a CSV file.
- Link your payroll software directly to Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 HR and transfer your data in a few simple steps.
- Payroll Onsite Support is available as a standalone feature.
Prepare for workplace pensions (Auto Enrolment)
- Create your personalised action plan based on The Pensions Regulator's best practice, using the pension centre.
- Easily set up your pension with Pension's Fast-Track.
- Calculate contributions and understand the cost of Automatic Enrolment to your business.
- Optional Pensions Module available (at additional cost)
Manage your payroll
- Process weekly, two-weekly, four-weekly and monthly payroll.
- Choose from a range of payslip layouts.
- Print or email payslips to employees.
- Automatically calculate payments and deductions.
- Calculate and process employee loans.
- Record and calculate holiday pay.
- Electronically pay employees using e-banking.
- Easily calculate your PAYE & NI liability.
- Post salary journals to Sage Accounts software.
- Set variances in pay or hours and be alerted when these are reached.
- Record and calculate Salary Sacrifice deductions such as childcare vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme.
Keep up-to-date with payroll legislation
- HMRC recognised software.
- Comply with the very latest legislation for the tax year.
- Directly submit PAYE data to HMRC online.
- Exchange employee data direct with HMRC online.
- Automatically calculate statutory sick, maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
- Record student loans and attachment of earnings orders.
- Record fixed amount or percentage calculated pension schemes.
- Prepare for and manage the impact of the new National Living wage.
- Keep records for Class 1A company cars.
Pay employees straight from your software
- Pay employees straight from your software with Sage Payments*.
- Save time and reduce errors by automating processes.
- Manage and track payments quickly and conveniently.
- Trust that your payments are safe, secure and controlled by authorisation processes and access rights.
*Sage Payments is provided by Sage Payments (UK) Ltd which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Register Reference: 900180) for the issuing of electronic money.
Store employee records
- Disciplinary records
- Job and salary history
- Written statements of employment
- Attach documents to employee records
Comply with Real Time Information (RTI)
- Automatically send RTI data to HMRC.
- RTI Data Health Check tool ensures your data is error-free before you submit it to HMRC.
- RTI Centre with help & support when you need it.
- Submissions log lets you view and track the status of HMRC submissions.
Online HMRC submissions
- Send all your submissions to HMRC securely online.
- Track forms by status and sender.
- Comply with the latest legislation.
Manage holidays and absence
- Manage holiday entitlement for individual employees.
- Record holidays and absence in days or hours.
- Record your own custom absence types.
- Automatically record statutory payment absence types such as SMP and SSP.
- Easily & accurately accrue employee holidays.
- Automatically calculate payments & deductions for different absence types.
- Calculate payments for sick pay, maternity/paternity, overtime, bonus and pensions.
Analyse your payroll data
- Easily generate payslips, payment summaries, holiday and absence reports and more.
- Quickly print a range of reports in one batch.
- Save your favourite reports for quick & easy access.
- Analyse data by cost centre and department.
- Create your own reports with the report designer.
- Run statutory reports such as P32, P35, P60 and P11.
Keep your payments accurate and secure
- Easy backup and restore your data.
- Roll your data back to correct errors from previous payroll runs.
- Apply access rights to restrict users from accessing certain areas of the program.
- Securely email payslips to employees.
- Password protect PDF reports to keep them secure.
Bespoke to your business
Optional add-ons are available for Sage 50 Payroll:
- Sage 50 Payroll Pensions Module: prepare for Auto Enrolment and eliminate the complexities of workplace pensions.
- Sage 50 Payroll NHS Pensions Module: simplify and avoid time-consuming processes associated with NHS tiers.
- Sage Payments: pay your suppliers and employees securely and on time, straight from the software.
General Technical Requirements
- 10GB free disk
- 2GHz processor or higher
- 1Gbps network (minimum 100Mbps)
- 2GB RAM
- All 32-bit and 64-bit variants of the below operating systems with the latest Microsoft Updates and Service Packs.
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003